I need to press pause on the "how I came to this decision" story for a bit to share my happy moment of the day! :0)
For the past two months, I've been shelling out nearly $50 for an over the counter ovulation kit. These kits, nestled snugly next to the home pregnancy tests in Target or Walgreens, detect the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) surge in a woman's body, which occurs approximately 24-36 hours prior to ovulation. They therefor help to pinpoint the best two days to conceive.
The kit contains 20 individually wrapped test strips cased in plastic protective covers. Each morning after taking my temperature (your body temp rises after ovulation), I scurry to the bathroom and perform the potty dance as I struggle to rip open the stubborn foil wrappers. After unwrapping the test strip, insert it into the hand-held digital ovulation tester, take a seat on the throne and hold the tester under the urine stream for 5-7 seconds. An icon on the digital face blinks to assure you the test is in process, and after 3 minutes (or making your bed), one of two symbols will appear. A large empty circle for a negative result, or a happy face, for a positive surge.
Today I received my first happy face on my pee-stick! I was so thrilled to see the lil guy's round, smiling face, that I took a picture and texted it to a few friends. Just to be sure, I threw another testing strip into my lunch bag and performed the test again after school. Once again, the cheeky fellow appeared - woo hoo!
Even before the follow up test, earlier today, I left the kids behind and snuck out of the computer lab (opening business hours) to call the sperm bank and request my swimmers (more about them later) and scheduled an appointment at the doctor's office. In my head I had practiced and recited this routine faithfully so that I could carry out the procedures with extreme care and efficiency. I mustn't miss my window of opportunity!
As I sit now, blogging away, I wonder if the aches in my lower belly are cramps or butterflies. Both, perhaps? The menstrual cramp-like feeling on my left side is perhaps my body's message telling me that I am indeed ovulating. Or, could it be that I am so darn excited, that I feel the flutter of anxious and nervous butterflies flurrying about my tummy?
Well, I will soon find out. Wish me luck, tomorrow is the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment